Me, from Fitchburg, Massachusetts, waiting to see Randy Jackson, Paula Abdul, and Simon Cowell. On my left is Jason Edwards. The girl is Laressa Knight.
  • Becky O'Donahue from New York. Made it to the TOP 24 for American Idol 5!!!....and was also one of the first to leave:-(
  • This is Curt from Danvers, Ma. and Anthony from Peabody. This pic was taken off of Curt's myspace profile. I joined him for lunch.
  • Ayla Brown from Wrentham, MA. Made it to the TOP 16 for American Idol 5!!!
  • Monday, October 24, 2005

    Article from the Boston Herald

    No `Idol' tune: Nervous hopefuls gear up for audition with Randy, Paula and Simon
    By Lauren Beckham Falcone
    Monday, October 24, 2005 - Updated: 12:15 AM EST

    Brace yourself, Boston. The terrible trio of Fox talent scouts - Randy Jackson, Paula Abdul and Simon Cowell - descend upon the city Thursday to skewer or send ``American Idol'' hopefuls to Hollywood.
    ``I'm really nervous about what Simon might say to me,'' said Ayla Brown, 17, of Wrentham. ``And worse, I'm sick. I have an ear infection, sinus infection and a cold. So, I'm on antibiotics and Sudafed and saying a lot of prayers my voice will be OK.''
    Brown, who beat out thousands of ``Idol'' wannabes in August at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, seems to be a favorite already - ``American Idol'' crews were busy taping her ``back story'' for hours on Wednesday - a week before her tryout in front of the threesome.
    ``It's a random selection,' said ``American Idol'' spokeswoman Alexandra Gillespie, adding that about 100 contestants have been invited to the Boston Convention & Exhibitor Center to belt out tunes in front of the judges Thursday.
    Those who impress get the golden ticket to Tinseltown, but don't expect to read a list of names here - selections are on the QT until ``Idol's'' fifth season starts in January.
    Brown, who was one of the Herald's picks to make it to Hollywood, said she's prepared for her shot at stardom.
    ``I've been taking lessons with a vocal instructor who's helped me come up with some good songs and routines,'' she said. ``I'm going to sing `Ain't No Mountain High Enough' and have a few others in mind for backup.''
    For luck, she's wearing a special necklace and bringing her parents, Rep. Scott Brown (R-Wrentham) and WCVB-TV (Ch. 5) reporter Gail Huff.
    `I feel like the worst thing they could say is `Stick to basketball' '' said Brown, who has a basketball scholarship to Boston College. ``That would offend me.''
    Becky O'Donahue, 25, of Dobbs Ferry, N.Y., is trying not to dwell on the stress of performing. She's thankful she doesn't have to think about what she'll wear - contestants are required to sport the same outfit they wore in August.
    ``I'm just practicing my song, getting a million possibilities together,'' she said. ``I'm taking it easy and resting my voice and not thinking about it too much.'' [continue]
    The Boston hopefuls have plenty of competition - the ``Idol'' judges are also checking out the talent in San Francisco; Austin, Texas; Chicago; Denver; and Greensboro, N.C.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    Hit Counter

    Please feel free to sign my guestbook!
    Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com

    Send me a line. Let me know you care. Click this message to e-mail me.